It can feel like a fresh start! Clean slate! Maybe it’s the freshly sharpened pencils and brand new scribble free notebooks of our childhood.
A certain change in the air……. And as always in fashion and beauty too.
The faces on the runways for Fall 2015 were a shot back in time to the looks of the 90’s. I could not be more excited. l. This was one of the most edgy and creative times in beauty. It was a period of individuality ala Patricia Fields! And it suggests the power of personal expression is back! I am so grateful for this second time around
The Fall 2015 Runways displayed many of the best hits of the90’s. We saw a new twist on black rimmed eyes at Fendi, Rick Owens and Proenza Schouler.
Celine, 3.1 Phillip Lim and Emanuel Ungaro reintroduced the strong lip. Using deep wines, aubergines and striking reds.
And heavy metal made a resurgence at Zac Posen, Ellie Saab and Carolina Herrera.
This season offers much to experiment with and while we may not be stomping down a runway, we can easily translate these powerful looks to give our every day a hint of edgy perfection!
One of the easiestand exciting trends to translate are the mouth watering colors used on the lips.
They were coated in all the colors of a fruit platter Some Glossy, some matte,many merely stained, or full on opaque, All precisely painted on with flawless skin, groomed brows and soft cheek.
Here are my tips for Runway to Real day…
- Prep skin with fave face oil or primer, Tarte Clean Slate Primer
- Apply creamy illuminating concealer on eye lids and under eye area. Becca Ultimate Coverage Concealer
- Foundation applied only where needed and well blended. Lilah b Flawless Foundation
- Gentle sheen on the cheek bone Benefit High Beam
- Ever so slight pinch of sheer color on the cheek
- Brows groomed with brow gel. Jane Iredale Pure Brow Fix
- prep the lip with a good balm. Try RMS Lip/Skin Balm $25
- Choose your preferred texture.
- Tap some of the color directly onto the lip. Repeat until depth of color is achieved.
- For more staying power or for truly deep coverage, fill in lip with coordinating lip pencil before applying lipstick.
- Now line your lips. Follow your natural lip line and build ever so slightly just outside the natural lip lin e for added fullness.
- The best tricks for preventing bleeding or smudging. Make up forever Lip Line Protector $19. Or sweep a bit of pressed powder around the mouth with a straight edge brush.
Some of my faves….
Lilac b B memorable B lovely
Charlotte Tilbury Glaston
Beauty Counter Plum
Make up Forever Lip Pencils
Medium plum brown
Dark Plum Burgundy