Snow flakes dress up any window in the house making it feel festive. The hardest part in making these is getting the fold down. After you’ve done it a few times it becomes old hat. For a bit of whimsy, send a “special delivery” envelope off to an older relative filled with these beautiful one of a kind paper “crystals” or as an addition to a hostess gift include a bunch ready to cut wound with ribbon. Happy Holidays!
Start with a square piece of paper. If you want to be efficient, use a 8.5” X 11” piece of paper and cut it in half. Make squares from each half. Now let’s get down to business.
- Fold your square in half diagonally to make a triangle.
- Fold your triangle in half again making a smaller triangle.
- Now fold your triangle into 3 parts by folding the left and right sides in so the tops meet in the middle. Technically each angle at the top will be 30 degrees.
- Cut the tails off. You can play around with this as you gain experience. We suggest you cut them off in a straight line to start off with then work your way up to playing with angles.
- Get creative and cut away! The more shapes the better!